- Late 17th Century/Early 18th Century Period Chest (Between 1640-1720)
- William and Mary Style (Early Baroque) Chest
- Solid Oak Construction
- Applied moldings featuring heavy geometric style
- Turned half bobbin designs
- Side Hung Drawers
- Dovetailed Drawers
- Tapered Drawer Bottoms
- Two Piece Chest
- Two over two drawers, over graduated three drawers
- Bun Feet
- Most Likely made in a Colonial Port City (Boston, Portsmouth, Philadelphia or Baltimore)
- Most likely made for a Wealthy Colonial Merchant
- Rare Museum Quality Piece
- Few Surviving Examples of this era or style
THIS ITEM HAS BEEN SOLD. THANK YOU. Vermont Made Carved Empire Butler’s Desk available at Bohemians Antique and Fine Pre-Owned Furniture Store.
- Circa 1825.
- Made in Vermont.
- Signed by David Reelhon on the bottom of the second drawer.
- Features Cherry, Birds Eye Maple, Mahogany veneers.
- Desk/Secretaire interior.
- Hand-Carved full columns on either side.
- Claw feet on the front, more provincial bun feet in the back.
- One family Owner until recently.
- Locks and key are present.
- Small repair on the bottom base of the column.
- One small toe on right claw foot damaged.
19th Century Furniture produced in Vermont has received much scholarly attention and praise, attracting serious collectors and admirers alike. Continue reading Vermont Circa 1825-1840 Carved Empire Butler’s Desk $5495 SOLD
Available selection of antique, vintage and modern dressers and chests.
[wppa type=”album” album=”#lasten,6,75″][/wppa]